Monday, August 19, 2013

Baby, Beer & Beach

That's a weird combo in the blog title, right?!?  Well, it sort of sums up our weekend!!!  And is alliterative...always a smart writing technique! 

On Saturday, we met our newest great nephew, Christian.  He is the son of our oldest niece, Amber, who lives just outside of Milwaukee.  He was born July 23rd, I think.  Amber has shared photos on Facebook, of course, but he is soooo much smaller in person!  Just this teeny little guy!  With the most beautiful lips!  He slept most of the time we were there, but I was able to wake him right before we left so that I could see his big brown eyes! 

Saturday nite, I went to a local bar/restaurant with some friends from the gym.  We were celebrating the 21st birthday of one of the instructors (YES...a wee 21) and watching the UFC fights.  I was able to drink a couple of my favorite beers, from a local microbrew, 3 Floyds' Gumballhead!!!  It was a fun time with some people I have only recently gotten to know!  It's too bad I won't be able to do it again, but that's why it is important to grab opportunities when they present themselves!

Sunday, late afternoon, after going to the laundrymat to dry our clothes (the dryer at the rental has no heating element any longer and the landlord refuses to fix it) and a quick run to Kohls to use some coupons, we spent a few lazy hours on the beach.  It wasn't a hot, hot day and there was a wonderful breeze ~ the ideal beach weather for our tastes.   

This is my last full week for my beloved gym and I plan to go everyday!  I am going to take Paul's killer kickboxing class on Sunday morning, too!  One, because it will be my last chance to take it again and, two, because there are a couple gym-mates that I won't see unless I catch up with them that particular morning! 

Make it an amazing week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog