Monday, July 29, 2013

It's Fall...Wait! What?! It's July!!!

We are experiencing unseasonably mild temps right now.  We had a wonderful Fall weekend for the last weekend of July! 

Now, I am a Fall girl all the time; HOWEVER, since we are living at a beach, and we leave in just over a month, I do want my time in the sun at the water! 

For Saturday's Habitat painting, the cooler temps were ideal!  The windows were open, allowing in fresh air to whisk away any paint fumes, and we could wear jeans (which provided some protection to my knees which took a little beating crawling along the floors while painting base boards).  

On Sunday, while Chris started some packing, I baked Pumpkin Cranberry bread!  Mmmmm...perfect Fall flavor combo!!  We watched Hocus Pocus and Practical Magic, followed up with Hope Floats.  We drank coffee and had all the windows open ~~ I couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that we wouldn't be able to find a pumpkin patch in which to walk around!  

But out we went and took a little trip into Valpo to walk around Ogden Gardens, before returning home to have a small bonfire!  

All in all, a productive, fulfilling and delicious weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog