Friday, August 9, 2013

Wanderlust

It's one of my favorite words ~ Wanderlust.

Wikipedia defines wanderlust as "a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world."

I have it tattooed on my left foot (along with a lotus flower).

It is what we will name any boat or RV or trailer/camper we ever buy.

There are some movies that, off the top of my head, inspire travel, change, adventure, growth for me:

Wanderlust
The Darjeeling Limited
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
Big Fish
Hope Floats
Under the Tuscan Sun (the book is even better!!)


Watch them for yourself and see if they do the same for you.  I also find when I read books I am transported and the impulse to explore these "other worlds" are ignited within.

For many of us, there is just this need, this desire, this feeling that where we are isn't all there is....
and we go out to seek ~ ~ something more, something new, something different.

Safe travels, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog