Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dirty Girl Mud Run 2013

This past Saturday, June 29th, I had the pleasure of participating in the Dirty Girl Mud Run event at the Lake County Fairgrounds in Grayslake, Illinois, with 10 fabulous ladies from many different avenues of my life.

Several months ago, I created an event on Facebook to get others to join me in this crazy adventure!!  I decided to call us "Team DRRRty GRRRls" as a tribute to our gym's circuit, Team GRRR!!

I was honored to be joined by: 3 CPHS alums: Lisa Brower, Mary Crawford and Sonja Samuelson; 3 gym mates: Robin Campbell, Roberta Rewers and Carla Zavaladriga; 1 co-worker and her mom: Jessica and Alice; a very dear friend: Sandra Marek; and Sandra's friend: Migdalia.

Sonja is a breast cancer survivor, so we were also Team Sonja!  And got pink bracelets from Sonja's last benefit (in 2012, I believe) in recognition.

What a day we had!  More than I could have imagined! 

We weren't competing, so we walked the entire 5K and enjoyed completing each obstacle as a group!!  We laughed, we joked, we had mud fights. 

We were covered, some WAY more than others (ay, Robin & Carla?!?), from head to toe in mud!  I have never been so dirty!  Nor had so much fun getting there!

Because we will have moved a couple weeks before, I won't be making my annual Pink Ribbon Society Breast Cancer Awareness Tea, so I was doing this event in its place. 

There was a team with shirts that said Dirty Hoohahs!  They were my favorite!  And another with hats and tails as beavers ~~ hence we referred to them after several of the mud obstacles as the Dirty Beavers! 

I have a tshirt, a necklace, photos and memories to commemorate and remind me of this amazing group of ladies and the most fun we could have getting our hoohahs dirty! 

"Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same." - Franz Schubert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog