Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Living & Learning

I recently learned of a cancer diagnosis of the husband of a friend, one of the trainers from Fit Chick Express. 
 
 This is a guy younger than me, who is active and eats well.  He and his wife have spent most of their years together traveling internationally.  In example, they spent this past New Year's Eve in Iceland!  He recently held a "Travel Tips" chat that Chris and I attended, so we could learn and put into practice their tricks!   
 
Today, I found out he has both lung & liver cancer and their progress is far along.  I did a little internet research and find that both of these cancers operate rather silently, meaning that signs or symptoms are almost nil.  With almost nothing to warn you along the way, once a diagnosis is made, the battle is an uphill one. 
 
I believe in the power of our beliefs, thoughts, intentions to change our cellular biology!  Our mind-body connection is so very powerful, if only we recognize and honor it!
 
I know that my friend will exhaust every natural (alternative) treatment in his tireless effort to prolong his life.  And he has a large community of folks sending him positive energies!!
 
With the 13th anniversary of my dad's death, from colon cancer, only 4 days away, many thoughts & emotions are stirring within me.  I am more determined than ever to keep my health & wellness a priority: to listen to my inner guidance, to have my blood work checked yearly (as a precaution and baseline), to use the necessary medical tests that check my colon for any issues and to continue to educate myself on my mind-body connection. 
 
I am also going to make travel with Chris a priority! 
 
Tomorrow is not guaranteed and I am determined to LIVE fully!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog