Monday, March 9, 2015

Cookie Monster

As many of you know, I like to work out and I am a Group Fitness Instructor, so often times I get paid to exercise.  I also try to eat healthy and drink plenty of H2O.  I like to practice an 80/20 eating style:  80% of the time I am eating & drinking well, while 20% of the time I indulge.
 
Except when it comes to one particular week a month (with me ladies??).
 
I then become The Cookie Monster!!
 
I kid you not! 
 
And I think this past week Chris must have been getting some really strong vibes because he kept bringing cookies home!  Individually wrapped chocolate chip ones.  Another day, ginger, oatmeal raisin and more chocolate chip ones, which I put in freezer bags.  I also made some oatmeal craisin that included flax seed and protein powder.
 
Well, guess who couldn't keep her hands off almost every cookie?!?  Yep, including the ones in the freezer!  It's ridiculous, right?  I mean, I know how unhealthy they are for me, but I keep going back for more.
 
While I know you cannot exercise away bad eating habits, I worked out a little more last week than my usual weeks.  Sheesh!  And with us heading to the beaches of Puerto Rico in less than 5 weeks, I need to be ever more mindful about what I am putting in my mouth.  Alcohol, too.  And more focused on moving my body every single day!
 
I will have one more of "these" weeks before we go, so I hope that I catch myself and make sure that I only have the healthiest of options on hand! 
 
I am so glad I don't know anyone close with daughters selling Girl Scout Cookies b/c those would all be in my belly, too.  (Samoas and Thin Mints, particularly.....but please, oh, please, don't send me a box!  Until my birthday, that is!  HeeHee!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog