Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Move Prepping

This isn't a pic of our place, but it pretty much sums up how we have been living for the past couple weeks and for the next two.  UGH!! 

We have been slowly (yet not as diligently as Chris would like) packing up our belongings.  Over the weekend, I packed up a couple boxes of my clothes from my dresser.  (Fingers crossed that I won't need any socks....or I am going to have to make sure Chris doesn't pack away all of his so we can both wear them!!!) 

We will pack this weekend, too, but there are some things that will just have to wait until the nite before/morning of our haul.  I don't foresee too much of a mad-scramble to get the last of it wrangled and in one of our cars or the moving truck.  The great thing about a local move is that we don't have to make sure everything is packed perfectly or that it has to fit in the truck all at once!  (THAT, my blog friends, is way more nerve-wracking....and will be done for the, eventual, Colorado move!)

We are still waiting on the soon-to-be-former tenants to move out of our rental!  Not gonna lie, I am concerned!  I sent an email to our (future) landlord in response to her notifying me that yesterday's closing date was postponed.  We have a contract with her (and paid her all monies up front a month ago) to move in on September 15th.  Also said that we close on our house the 11th and must be out within a week....NO wiggle room.  I said that I hoped the tenants were making some kind of arrangements ...b/c we are NOT getting a storage facility or a hotel (this I didn't add, but believe me, it is what Chris and I both feel!). 

The other downer here is that there are things the landlord wants to address with the house before we move in.  Let me tell you that Chris and I are gonna be super peeved if the ceiling fan for the main room that was suggested/practically promised when we gave her over $4000 isn't installed!!!  PLUS, I know she wanted to paint the laundry room floor and the stairs from the main part of the house to the garage below.  My opinion, she needs to go in there right now and have the ceiling fan installed...regardless of the inconvenience to the tenants.  IF they leave by the 11th, it gives our landlord 3 days to do what she wants/needs to.....anything less than that, I don't know.  I did tell her that we would be cleaning on the 15th and moving everything over on the 16th and that, if needed, she could work on stuff during that time.  Won't be ideal...and I don't see any painting being done....but I REALLY want the fan and there is some repair to the outside (front) of the house that should get done. 

I am doing my best to remain calm & confident. 



To that end, Chris ordered our new mattress and box spring yesterday with a tentative delivery date of September 19th.  We are gonna sleep like a king & queen soon!!!  We will need to buy some new sheets, too, as we are getting a pillow-top which is a bit deeper than other mattresses. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog