Friday, September 7, 2012

Let's Go Crazy!!!!

His Purple Greatness, Prince, The Artist

I couldn't believe my ears earlier this week when I heard that he was on tour and coming to Chicago THIS month!!!  I just knew I had to get tickets!  I have regretted not seeing him 8 years ago when he came to the Chicagoland area!  I heard the news on the radio while driving to work, so I called Chris to have him check it out online.  And what made the event even better is that it will be at the United Center (a much closer venue than his last tour)!! 

 I made notes on my calendar for when tickets went on sale!  I checked for pre-sale offers.  I got online a day before the tix went on sale to the general public, but could only find 300-level seats (the highest/most far away).  So...I got us some tix (200-level, first row) on StubHub!!!  I know I paid more than I would have had I been able to buy them directly from Ticketmaster, but that wasn't happening and I was not about to let this opportunity pass me by!

After selling out, wouldn't you know, they add a 2nd show for the next day?!?  So, I might have been able to buy my seats at a more reasonable price by going to the 2nd show...but who would have thought they would do this!  (I actually HATE it when they do that b/c so many of us run out to get tix believing that it is the one & only chance ~~ then the late-to-the-party peeps get a better deal!  GRRR!!  I also hate that so many people buy the tix with the sole intention of re-selling them on ebay or StubHub to make a profit!!!  It is legalized scalping!  Leave the tix for those of us who are truly interested in the event and so that we can pay the real price!!!) 

HOWEVER, I am not going to let any of that spoil my excitement at seeing his Great Purpleness!!! 

I am going to find the perfect purple accessories to wear with my zebra print top (bottoms still undecided at this point) and be ready to rock out to this Rock God!

This is my 20th anniversary gift from my honey (our anniversary is in November).  It was going to be a new tattoo, but this experience is once-in-a-lifetime and I am jumping on it!

Lenny & Prince in less than one year = a RIDICULOUSLY HAPPY Jennifer!!

Without going into detail b/c it makes me both super sad and very pissed, the show was an utter disappointment......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog