Friday, September 28, 2012

Fall Nesting on Tap for the Weekend


We are expecting some wonderful weather in our corner of the world this weekend and I simply can't wait!  While we have a To Do list of house stuff (the usual weekend cleaning & laundry + some more stuff from the recent move), I am going to nest as often as possible!

I have several recipes to make, beginning tonite, with a maple pork, apple & carrot number.  Found it in one of my emails today and knew I had all the ingredients for this quick dinner.  It will be perfect for the time I have after working out.  This should pair beautifully with our Woodchuck Pumpkin Cider.

Tomorrow, we will make pizzas with some wheat crusts to which we will add turkey pepperoni, onion, tomato, and Italian 5-cheese blend.  I think this will go perfectly with our Round Barn Redel Doux red wine.

And Sunday, after the annual Breast Cancer Tea, I am going to make Baked Chicken & Acorn Squash.  With this, we can enjoy any remaining Cider or open a bottle of Oliver.  I bought a new Oliver White Sangria...that's the one we'll try.

I bought 2 more small pie pumpkins for display today, so this weekend I am going to clean all of them (mixture of bleach & soapy water).  Still going to add more to my Sincere Pumpkin Patch.  I found a great display on Better Homes & Gardens in a bird bath, so I simply have to buy a nice big pumpkin for ours ~~ and this display can be seen from our bedroom!!! 

We are also going to walk, at least, one of the trails surrounding our new community early Saturday morning.  I can't wait to see more of the gorgeous nature among the Dunes. 

Hope to get some photos, which I will post soon, along with some Chris has already taken of our neighborhood deer who greet us on our walks...and some wild turkeys!!!

I want to spend as much time at home this weekend ~ just soaking it all up.  My soul will thank me for it...this I know!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog