Thursday, September 27, 2012

Flavors of Fall

So, I like to try craft beers and ciders....and even more so when they are flavored for fall!!! 

We bought a sample pack of Blue Moon beers recently, which included
Caramel Apple Spiced Ale

Harvest Pumpkin Ale
Unfortunately, neither of us liked either flavor.  Good thing there are only 3 of each ~ we'll have to flip a coin for who finishes which flavor! 

We LOVE Woodchuck ciders! 
The Limited Release Fall became our favorite last year, after always drinking Amber.  (I stocked up one trip to Meijer ~~ bought seven 6-packs one morning before work!!!) 


This year, I found out they have a Private Reserve Pumpkin Cider.  

I knew from speaking with an employee at a local liquor store that very few are made and they sell out quickly.  So, I called the other day and they were already sold out at one location, but might get more on a delivery that day.  I called their other location and had a 6-pack put aside!  I visited the closer location, anyway, to see if they got some on their shipment, which they did, so I bought a 6-pack there instead (don't worry, I called the other place to let them know).  We tried the cider last nite, after an invigorating walk along the beach, and it did not disappoint.  Very pumpkin-y!  We still think Fall is our favorite flavor, tho, so I will pick up a 6-pack of that soon.

While talking with the employee, I said we hadn't found a pumpkin beer that we liked and mentioned our recent sample of Blue Moon.  He suggested a brew from a local brewery, Crown Brewery, in Crown Point.  So, I bought a bottle of that, too (it is larger than a beer bottle, but smaller than a wine bottle...I don't know the actual name of the bottle type).  I am looking forward to giving this one a try and letting him know what we think (about the beer and the cider).

We need to sit outside at our firepit and enjoy some wine/cider/beer VERY soon....I think it will be Saturday before we walk to the beach to watch the full moon.  The fall days are so limited, so we must take advantage at any opportunity.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog