Thursday, August 23, 2012

SOLD!!!!

Here is Harvest Moon House with her SOLD sign! 

Today, I took care of setting up disconnects for water and sewage/garbage, as well as the new service/terminated service for electric and gas (there is a one week overlap from beginning at the rental to ending at the house). 

I have contacted an insurance agent for quotes on renter's insurance and auto policies.  There are several reasons for this, the first being that I should have done this LONG ago to see if we were getting the best rates (and for our homeowner's, I found out we weren't ... to the tune of perhaps $250/year!!!).  We will be cancelling our homeowner's and getting renter's, so I might as well ask around for quotes.  AND...our insurance agent died suddenly over the weekend!

We already signed the rental contract and put down first, last and securities last week.  We are hoping that the new landlord will take time out of her revelry to have a ceiling fan installed in the big room, as well as some other (minor) maintenance things.  Fingers crossed!!!  When we gave her all the money at once, she commented that she could now do some things to the house.....let's hope she keeps her word.  A ceiling fan would be very helpful on our utility bills!  

We will hold our moving sale this Saturday.  I believe I have already sold our bistro table and filing cabinet, simply by making a post on Facebook!!!

Once we sell everything on Saturday(again, fingers crossed), that will free up space, in the house & garage and our minds, we will be doing more packing this weekend.  I have been bringing home boxes from work, so has Chris.  He was on a roll, but then it slowed.  He is SUCH a better packer than me...I am going to do my best to help him out this Sunday!  I have also researched the prices on renting moving trucks and found some pretty handy wardrobe boxes that we can buy ~~ no need to remove hanging items from hangers, just assemble the box, put up the included bar and voila!  Just have to figure out which of the 2 sizes to order and then how many!!! 

It is all coming together.  We are very excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog