Wednesday, August 13, 2014

What to Do with That Half Bag of Frozen Spinach...besides Smoothies

In an effort to use up our food stuffs before the move, I did some "research" on Pinterest for frozen spinach (leftover from the awesome Tuscan lasagna). 
 
I tweaked a recipe to come up with Spinach Quinoa Patties!
 
Thaw & drain frozen spinach.
Mix with cooked quinoa, oats, one egg and seasonings to taste (I used garlic, Adobo and red pepper flakes).
 
Place bowl in refrigerator for an hour-ish to help mixture set.
 
Form into balls, which you gently press into patties in a heated & oiled skillet. 
 
Brown to your liking.
 
I paired the patties with marinara sauce, garlic bread and frozen mixed veggies.
 
If you are making a whole bag of spinach, then increase your eggs to two.
 
Mangia!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. Will have to try this one too. You forgot to mention...did you like it? Will you make it again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and yes! ;) I just had my last patty for lunch today and I sent one in Chris's lunch, too!

      Delete

Search This Blog