Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Keeping Busy

May has been a full month! Beginning with the all-important doctor's appointment to get orders for all of my wellness labs, CPR certification class and my studies to celebrating my birthday with family & friends in Denver to a 2-week trial of boot camp, yoga, Zumba and kickboxing!!!  Mix in glorious days of hanging with my honey, having coffee with an old high school friend and making July travel plans and you've got a hint of how crazy & fun my birthday month has been thus far! 
 
And, I wouldn't change a thing!!!
 
 
We celebrated Cinco de Mayo at home with Juana's Tacos (that would be a recipe of my own making!); grabbed beers at B-dubs to watch our friend, Eddie Wineland, compete on UFC (unfortunately, he lost); spent several hours having coffee with our friend from Crown Point High School, Joe Rocchio, who lived in Longmont some years back. 
 
I ran a 10K on the treadmill four days before my 42nd birthday!!  My first time!  Not to be overlooked, we are almost a mile above sea level, altitude impacts cardio!!   WoOt!!
 
I have had the opportunity to attend two weeks of boot camp (etc.) for free at Fit Chick Express.  I have been able to try every single class offering, at least once.  I had my rump shaking at my first Zumba class!  Fun hour, even when I felt like I couldn't get my top half to work with my bottom half in an effort to effect the right move!  HA!  I also met up with several of the Fit Chicks for a run at 6:45 this morning and will do so again this Friday. 
 
We went bowling at Punch Bowl Social in Denver to celebrate my birthday!  Happy Hour $2 cans of beer...called "Old Man Cans"!  My brother, Kyle, and his fiance, Stacie, came into town from DC for the occasion!  Kyle's friend, Mark, (now our friend, who lives in Denver) joined us, as did my brother, Matt, his little one ("Hushpuppy) and his friend, Jim.  The party moved a few blocks south to Illegal Pete's and we were joined by Mark's brother, Eric, and Jim's wife.  We didn't get any food at Illegal Pete's, but everything looked and smelled delish!  There is one in Boulder on Pearl Street Mall, so we might make a visit.
 
I simply cannot wait to live in Denver!  There are so many cool & unique spots to see!  Plus, we hate the long drive there & back!  Time here has been flying by, so it won't be much longer.  To that end, we have been looking at places to buy and rent.  Still trying to figure out exactly what neighborhood.  I dread the packing and actual moving part, but our plan is to find a place where we are going to settle for the next 2 years! 
 
I arranged the flight for my mom's trip here in July!  Then, I surprised her and bought my own ticket to fly back with her and stay for a week.  I am so looking forward to seeing all of my family and I have a new nephew to meet, Lucas Ryan, who was born April 15th. 
 
I am trying out a Piloxing class next Wednesday and I take my Group Fitness Certification test next Thursday!  (Wish me luck!)
 
Fun, Family & Fitness ~ that pretty much sums up my May!  And I still have 10 more days to fill!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog