Friday, May 9, 2014

Inspiration

I found a coffee facial scrub online today for $15.  The ingredient list is organic coffee, organic extra virgin olive oil, raw honey, vitamin E and peppermint oil.  It got me thinking...couldn't I make my own version with the used coffee grounds we have on hand (that usually get composted)?  Hmmmm!?!
 
Looks like I will have another spa moment today! 
 
Do you make any cleaning products for you or your home?  If so, please share recipes in the comments!  I would love to give them a try myself!
 
And maybe some mothers will get some absolutely perfect homemade gifts (even make something for themselves) from your tips!

Update:  So I quickly mixed up some coffee grounds, EVOO, honey and virgin coconut oil.  It's kind of messy to use, but I think it does a decent scrubbing job.  My skin feels super silky, thanx to both types of oil, I suspect.  I put the remainder in the fridge and will use it again over the next couple days.  If I make another small batch, I will only use one of the oils and I might sub in a tiny bit of yogurt for its acidic value. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog