Thursday, May 8, 2014

At-Home Spa

Feeling a bit under-the-weather today, I had zero motivation to exercise, but I knew I would move around by getting some housecleaning done. 
 
I decided that I needed (& wanted) some facial pampering.  I began by washing my face with my salicylic acid wash.  I then boiled some water on the stove.  Once the water was at a slow boil, I placed the pot on a hotpad, put a towel over my head and leaned over to soak up the steam for three minutes.  I'm a little congested, so this served double-duty!  If I had remembered,  I would have put a few drops of my sweet orange essential oil in the water!!  {Next time!}
 
I followed my steam with a mud mask.  You should use whatever mask is best for your skin type or addresses your current areas of concern.
 
You could enjoy a glass of wine (or coffee or tea) while waiting for your mask to dry.  Maybe sit back with a couple of cucumbers over your eyes (which I totally could have done but was multi-tasking and didn't think about it in time!).  How about making a pitcher of water with cucumbers or citrus fruits, just like they have in high-end spas?
 
After rinsing off my mask, I sprayed on vitamin C toner.  Finally, I layered my eye cream, anti-aging serum and moisturizer (lightest to heaviest for these topical treatments). 
 
Depending on how much time you want to spend, you could give yourself a mani-pedi.  Soak your feet in either the tub or a small container, with Epsom salts or essential oils or a bit of vinegar.  Simultaneously, begin work on your fingernails: remove polish, clip and/or file, push back cuticles.  Now back to your feet: remove any existing nail polish.  Clip, file & paint.  Add some glitter and/or nail art!!  Finish by painting your fingernails or applying a clear strengthener, like OPI's Nail Envy. 
 
All this pampering in the comfort of home!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog