Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Well(ness) Underway

I have undertaken my wellness journey, aka utilizing our 2014 health benefits!
 
Last week, I saw a Colorado dentist for my first of two hygiene appointments per year.  Dr. Ashley Niles, whom we met while on our flight back home after our May 2011 Boulder trip, and her staff took excellent care of me (us, really).  I got a glowing review ~ Ashley said my mouth was boring, which to a dentist is blah, but to the patient is aaaaahhhhhhh!! 
 
This morning, I visited a local optometrist.  My last exam was August 2012, I believe.  I didn't feel I had any problems or issues, but I believe it is very important to keep tabs on my eye health.  I did feel my left eye may have changed slightly...and I was right!  The change is minimal and no new glasses are necessary, until I want some new frames, that is!  As with my dental health, my optical health is superb!
 
Check & check!!
 
Next up, I was able to schedule an appointment with an Internal Medicine nurse practitioner for this Thursday morning.  This will be a wellness visit to discuss my current health interests and to request labs: comprehensive wellness, thyroid and hormones (for antiaging)...plus any others she feels may benefit me.  WooHoo!!
 
Our diet is still on point and my fitness stays a primary focus five days a week.  We take a variety of vitamins and supplements to keep us on track, too.  Neither of us is consuming coffee as much as in the past, for digestive reasons we are trying to pinpoint.  While water has been one of the beverages we drink most, I am making sure to drink, at least, 40 ounces each day, if not more (preferably, I would drink 65 oz...about half my body weight). 
 
My birthday is just around the bend and I always like to use it as somewhat of a gauge for where I am in life, what my health is like and what I would like to see for the year ahead.  Right now, my "scorecard" is looking brilliant!  I feel & look great, I am having fun with the kickboxing classes, I will be engrossed in a fitness boot camp for two weeks in May, I am moving forward with my fitness certification, we are volunteering for two new organizations in June, my mom is visiting in July and I get to visit my Florida family when I fly back with her....and we will be searching out a new pad in Denver for our move in August!  All the while, we will continue to enjoy the beauty of Colorado that surrounds us night & day!
 
Life is ... an adventure, not a destination!  Enjoy the road trip!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog