Thursday, April 3, 2014

MMMMMmmmm, Smoothie!

After today's strength training workout (which was my own version of circuit training!!  woot!!), I needed something healthy & satisfying to eat.
 
We have plenty of spinach, so a Green Monster made the cut!
 
Our spinach smoothies generally contain the following:
spinach
frozen strawberries
frozen banana
almond milk
cinnamon
 
They may also contain (when Chris makes them):
Greek yogurt
honey
water
 
If Chris is not drinking it, then I like to add a heaping scoop of peanut butter for protein.
 
Well, let me just tell you that today's spinach smoothie is da bomb!!!! 
 
Spinach
Frozen banana
1 cup Vanilla Almond milk
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
Heaping scoop of Peanut butter (chunky)
1 tablespoon of Hershey's Special Dark unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon Coconut cream concentrate (which is 70% coconut milk)
 
I get my healthy drink, plus the crunchy peanut butter gives me a little something to chew!  Next time, even more coconut cream concentrate to really give me the flavor!!
 
You gotta give this one a try!  If you are allergic to peanuts, like Chris, sub in whatever nut butter you have.  If you don't like coconut, just omit that ingredient. 
 
If you use banana, strawberries and cocoa powder, it could be like drinking a banana split sundae!!!  (just remember to add in some form of sweet, either vanilla almond milk or honey)  You could sprinkle the top of your drink with some shredded coconut for that extra flair!
 
Who needs to go to Dairy Queen!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog