Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Heavy Heart

After a long drive, made longer by the failure of the State of Indiana to properly plow and salt I-65, we dropped off Isis at the Purdue University Small Animal Hospital yesterday for her I131 treatment.

My head & my heart hurt....I feel as if I am weighted down in my sadness.

I miss her and worry about her so much.

I know she feels so utterly alone & abandoned ~~ and she is surrounded by smells & people whom she has never seen before.

She will be away from us for approximately 2 weeks!  TWO freaking long weeks!!!

I am out-of-sorts. 

Luna is, too.  I can only imagine what my little pumpkin seed is thinking, all alone today...without her big sister.

The 4th year vet student who is looking after our baby called this morning with an update.  He made her a little fort in which to hide.  She is eating some canned food.  He will give her some attention, but not too much as he sees it makes her anxious.

He called later to tell me that her labs were back.  One liver enzyme number went down (Yay!!) while another is still elevated (greatly so).  He says we can take a "wait & see" approach b/c the elevation may be directly related to her hyper-thyroid status, as she has been off her meds for a week.  (I am praying that is all that it takes to get it back to normal!!!)  She also has a slight urinary tract infection, that they will treat with antibiotics after her I131. 

She will have even less human contact after the I131 b/c she will be highly radioactive.  The doctor said she will don a protective suit to take in her food & water, and give her a little affection.  Like that isn't going to scare the crap out of my little girl?!? 

I snuggled her so close before we left the hospital.  I won't be able to do that for 1-2 weeks after we get her home, tho. 

There will be some precautions me & Chris have to observe for a couple weeks (with her & her waste).

I am willing my affection to her across the miles right now.  Then I get to will it to her from across the room.  I won't like that much, either, but it will be better than at present.

We love you, Isis Bella Mojica!  We are coming back and bringing you home!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog