Friday, September 2, 2011

Harvest Moon House

I got a little creative this weekend and stenciled one of our outdoor wooden benches with the name of our house.  Have a look:



It is a Martha Stewart craft paint that is a glittery orange!  LOVE!!

And since yesterday (September 1st) was the first day of meteorological Fall, I put out a few harvest decorations Wednesday nite.  I already had mums on display out front, so I added my metal pumpkins to the display on the stairs.  I put up my "Autumn Greetings" sign on the side door and our small "Fall is in the Air" decorative handtowel in the bathroom.  Now, I await the cool, crisp weather that is Fall ~~ I believe it arrives on Monday and I pray it stays until, at least, November. 

We also discovered the most delicious hard cider.  We were already fans of Woodchuck Amber, but I happened across a seasonal brew called...of course, FALL!  I bought a six-pack to try it out and on our first sips, we knew we had a winner!  Later that same week, I returned to the same store and bought all of the six-packs they had left (7, to be exact)!  Here I am at 8 in the morning, just before work, wheeling a cart full of alcohol to the register!!!  HeeHee!!!   Chris wasn't able to find it at a couple of liquor stores near us, so I just knew I had to stock up.  I will continue to keep an eye out for anymore. 

When you like something and it is a limited release, you grab as much as you can!  In this particular instance, if that means there isn't any left for anyone else, I am okay with that!  We have the hardest time finding beer we like (plus we hate the bloating), so a cider that tastes like fall (cinnamon, nutmeg and oak are the flavorings) belongs at Harvest Moon House.

HAPPY FALL TO ALL!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog