Tuesday, September 6, 2011

All Signs Point to Fall


We visited our local apple orchard on Sunday, where we bought apple butter and THE most delicious apple cinnamon and pumpkin spice donuts!!  Only got a mixed 6-pack of donuts, so I know we will be back for more.  They are simply melt-in-your-mouth!  For years now, we have referred to the apple cinnamon ones as "Cider Sliders"!  As soon as we got home, I made a fresh pot of coffee and we sat outside enjoying our sugary confections! 

We bought a few things in the loft area of the Barn, where they have Halloween, Fall and Christmas stuff.  Snagged a clear skull wine stopper!  (It will be perfect for Leelanau Cellars' Witches Brew.)  I also got the coolest fingerless gloves: a brown pair AND a black pair.  They are suede with fur!  LOVE!!!  They are perfect for those chilly fall days when gloves are just too much and I don't want to walk around with my hands in my jacket pockets!  They will make it in a pic that will end up on here, I am sure.  ;)

After devouring my donuts, our backyard was beckoning.  I took some creative shots to commemorate how the plants and flowers look in early September. 









We also worked on our tombstones, that we are selling in anticipation of our move to Colorado.  They needed a little touching-up, according to Chris. 



And, of course, we listened to Halloween music whilst we worked!  Just as I have for the past week at work ~~ Streaming the Halloween channel on AOL!! 

Also indulged in a Barnes & Noble cafe mocha yesterday and a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte today! 

Fall pleases all of my senses!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog