Saturday, February 28, 2015

Kicking the Snow Off Our Heels

We have solidified our vacation plans....well, mostly!
 
Airfare has been purchased and we are off to
 
PUERTO RICO!!!
 
You know what that means, right?
 
Hitting the gym...HARD!! 
 
My Abs class this past Thursday was all about those lower abs in anticipation!  This girl has to be ready for a bikini!  In just under six weeks!  Chris and I attended a TRX/Xbike split class together this morning.  (Followed by a wonderful, relaxing steam!!)
 
I am going to be more conscious about what I am eating and drinking.  I will do my best to exercise everyday, even those when I don't work.  I can either head to Matrix for a class or my own stuff on the gym floor (the heavy lifting) or I can do something in the apartment.  IF the snow and cold ends, I could even go out for a short run around the lake. 
 
We have yet to make our accommodation reservations, but that is at the top of our To Do list!  We want to stay on the west side of the island for the first few days to enjoy beach time.  We want to see the bioluminescent bay off the island of Vieques, so we made our travel plans around the coming of the new moon.  The bioluminescence is best seen when the moon is darkest.  We are going to reserve a place on the east side for a couple of nites, but we might have to double book on the nite we do the canoe tour because I don't think the ferry runs between Fajardo and Vieques after 6:30PM.  And then we want to spend our final day/nite in Old San Juan for a bit of a city experience. 
 
Who knows?  This might turn out to be a scouting trip!  We are giving serious consideration to moving to an island, so long as we can find some kind of work to keep us afloat.  And Puerto Rico is a territory of the States, so we would get any future benefits (should Medicare and Social Security be available when it's our turn, that is!). 
 
There is a university on the island for Chris.  Chris is also an amazing photographer and could take and sell photos online!  I can lead fitness classes and work at a resort ... hell, any kind of customer service-related gig.  I want to create an online business, which I can do anywhere at anytime.  What better motivation than island living?!  Whatever it takes to make a few bucks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog