Thursday, January 29, 2015

Trying to Find a Place to Tie My Loose Strings

I sent my resume to two gyms today:  one which is actively hiring, the other I am not sure.
 
I applied for a job last week, where I would use my mad research skills, but they are only looking for full-time and I am not.  Too bad...their loss! 
 
I found a fab place to get online, enjoy coffee and eat healthy (like beet brownies!!) called Beet Box.  We have had their brownie from the City Park Farmers Market, yet kept forgetting to come to their brick & mortar location.  I was reminded of it today, tho I don't know how or why.  It's not too far from our place, it's mostly quiet.  It will be awesome in the warmer months when they can open the giant garage door to let in the fresh air.  For today, tho, I am content with all the natural light it lets in.  Just wish there was music on this side....I will have to use my earphones and listen to what music I have saved on my laptop, instead. 
 
I read an article, a blog post, which really spoke to me.  Much of it seems to sum up feelings I have been feeling in the past couple of days.  I am struggling with guilt over not working.  I am having boredom because I am not working.  I don't want to be out spending money, but I hate staying home in that apartment.  I still feel like I don't know what to do with my (career) life.  I feel guilt over feeling guilt when there are some who may feel like I have it made... not having to work (at least, for now).  Ever since our move, I have felt untethered.  I am still not sure how to address this feeling.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog