Friday, January 9, 2015

QUICHE! QUICHE!

Whipped up two broccoli and bacon quiches today!  One we will eat over the next couple days, the other will be put in the freezer and saved.   
 
I based mine off of a Body-for-LIFE recipe:
 
Broccoli, Bacon & Cheese Quiche
 
1 whole wheat pie crust
1 whole egg, 4 egg whites
1/4 cup skim milk
3/4 cup fat free sour cream
dash of pepper
3/4 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
6-8 strips turkey bacon, cooked and torn in small pieces
1 1/4 cup chopped broccoli
 
Bake pie crust according to package directions.
 
In a medium bowl, beat eggs.  Add in milk and sour cream.  Whisk to combine.  Add in remaining ingredients and stir well. 
 
Pour mixture into previously baked pie crust.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes - 1 hour.  Quiche is done when mixture is firm to the touch.
 
 
**Changes I made today**
5 whole eggs
unsweetened almond milk
Greek yogurt (for the sour cream)
 
The recipe above is for one quiche.  Usually, pie crusts come in pairs.  I made two separate bowls of ingredients and baked my quiches straight away. 


2 comments:

  1. I made a similar quiche I also used almond milk. I did not use sour cream though or meat of anykind. Instead I used a bag of veggies which included zuchinni, squash & brocolli. It was really good. I didn't know you could freeze those. Sounds yummy though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veggie quiche is good, too! I wrapped in both plastic wrap and foil to freeze. You do lose the right-from-the-oven crispy crust, tho. Maybe you can warm up the thawed pieces in the microwave and then throw in the oven to crisp the crust again.

      Delete

Search This Blog