Thursday, January 15, 2015

Hitting a Wall

I banged up my car last nite!  The back driver's side door is scratched...badly, and dented!  I literally hit a wall...well, a concrete support beam in the parking garage at the gym.
 
Chris's car was the victim of a hit & run about a month ago and his back bumper is a total mess!  We had one nice car.....mine....until last nite, just after 6.
 
All day today, I have hit the other wall.  I am depressed. 
 
I am in a total funk!  I was binge watching Mad Men.  I did manage to sweep, vacuum, wash the dishes, wipe off the window ledges (everything gets so dirty here being so close to a heavily traveled street!), have a little breakfast and shower.  Oh, and take all of my vitamins and supplements.
 
My eyes feel heavy.  Partly because I didn't sleep a wink last nite!  Not the neighbor's fault this time, well, not completely. 
 
I know, it's only a car.  And I am not injured.  And both of us, and our cats, are healthy.  And the sun is shining today.  The temps are to be in the high 50s, almost 60 degrees! 
 
I should get out.  Walk to Sprouts for a few groceries.  Try to let the fresh air was the funk off me.
 
It, the funk, is penetrating.  I know I should fight it.  I know how to fight it.  Writing this post is helping.  I need to get it out. 
 
I also fell off my "No Drinking in January" plan and drank a flask full of Malibu Rum after getting home from teaching TRX.  (Which gave me a bellyache and also contributed to my inability to have a restful nite.) 
 
It's a new day.  What's done is done.  As Chris reminded me...I DIDN'T set out to mess up my car. 
 
I just feel so stupid!  I had a gut feeling about the parking space and I should have listened! 
 
I need to check my Powerball numbers now....

2 comments:

  1. ouch! I'm sorry about your cars but you and Chris and your kids are healthy and well. I hope getting out helped you out. January was too long of a month to try "no alcohol" in. Maybe February...it's a shorter month. Uck - I can't commit to that. I might murder someone if I can't take the edge of the week off with a drink here and there. You should still be proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds ~ I was just thinking how I ended up with a 31-day month! However, I did have 2 1/2 beers the other evening, too, when Chris and I went out for Happy Hour! It is hard for me to resist craft beer on tap!!! I think I have done pretty darn well without alcohol, even with my few slips (the nite of the flask was mandatory, tho). Going to try to be off sugary carbs in February!!!

      Delete

Search This Blog