Saturday, September 7, 2013

Our last week in Indiana

Can you believe our move is only 2 days away?!?
 
Let me catch us up:
 
Our last day of work was last Friday, August 31st.  I actually got teary as I left.  I think because it was a place I had spent over 11 years of my life and there are a handful of people with whom I developed relationships and they will be missed.
 
Leaving my gym was even harder!!!  I said goodbye to my circuit coach and some gym-mates on Thursday.  Then, I was back there yesterday for my final boxing class.  I didn't think about it during our class, which was wonderfully tough.  The owners of the gym, Paul & Danielle, brought cupcakes and presented me with UFC Gym and Hoosier Fight Club tees.  So 2 days in a row, I was crying at the gym.  Generally, a no-no!  I made connections with people there over the past 4 years and leaving them and the ah-mazing workouts is very hard, very sad.  I was both physically and emotionally drained last nite.
 
We also had a gathering at a local bar last Saturday.  The best way for us to see a large amount of people before we leave.  We are very grateful to those who made the time to come and see us!  We stayed out until after 2AM!!!  Left the first bar and then headed into downtown CP for some dancing at another bar! 
 
We are packed and getting the moving truck tomorrow morning.  Chris and I will spend the day loading everything up just right! 
 
If we can squeeze it in, we will head to the beach once more.  We'll then spend one last nite here in Ogden Dunes, waking early Monday morning to begin the first of our 2-day drive to Longmont, Colorado. 
 
So many new things await us out West!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog