Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy Mabon from Longmont, Colorado

With Starbucks Pumpkin Via coffee in hand and sweatshirts over our pajamas, we stepped outside this first day of fall 2013 into the chilly morning air.  We were greeted by the moon setting above the mountains to the west and the sun rising brightly in the east. 
 
And what bit of luck does Chris spot?
 
A rainbow that appeared to come straight from the clouds to the mountain!!  Fortuitous? Serendipitous?  First day of Fall magic?  Perhaps!!
 
And if it couldn't get any better, as we left for a couple mile walk into town, we see 3 hot air balloons arise in front of the mountain skyline.  Would you believe Chris had mentioned hot air balloons when we were having our coffee this morning???!!  As we walked, there appeared to 5 or 6 in flight. 
 
We did a hot air balloon ride when we were in Sedona, Arizona, in September 2008.  It is so peaceful up there.  What a smart way to begin this season...why hadn't I thought of it?!?  ;)
 
I have a tradition that I strictly uphold for today and that is ...  I make myself wait to eat candy corn!  So for me, the first day of Fall = Candy Corn (with peanuts)!!  I had a couple pieces of the good stuff before our walk today ~ for energy, of course!
 
We will celebrate the harvest season with a meal of Pork and Sweet Potato Chili, a recipe from my dear friend, Kim Stephens, atop quinoa, along with a Pumpkin Cranberry Bread I am baking.  And to wash it all down, a Pumpkin Spice Tonic from Cost Plus World Market.  We are going to compare it to the incredibly delicious Pumpkin Juice we got at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter a few years back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog