Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sisterly Love?

To my utmost surprise, Luna did not take well to Isis upon her return. 

She would hiss at her!  What?!?

She wanted nothing to do with Isis!!  Huh???

Fortunately, things are getting better. 

I have caught sight of Luna sniffing Isis.  I suspect Isis had scents on her from Purdue that Luna didn't know or like and they were masking Isis' personal scent.  

Chris & I aren't getting a full nite's sleep, however.  We are sleeping in the loft, so that both girls can have free run of the house to access the litter box and their food and, most importantly, for Isis to not sneak into bed and lay on us.  We can't have much contact with her until April 19th (a full 2 weeks), which is hard on all of us.  I KNOW she wants to be cuddled and I do my best to show her affection-from-afar...or sometimes, not so far.

Anyway, Isis begins to roam & whine about 1:30AM, giving us about 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep.  Chris and I are taking turns who gets up with her.  I didn't sleep from 1:30-3:30 the other nite b/c she would only lay with me a short-time before roaming and whining again.  (I am suspecting she wants Chris and I both...like it should be...like she remembers...like SHE wants!!!)  Chris can sleep thru the whining, so last nite, he shut the bedroom door and just let her do her thing while he slept.  Luna and I remained in the loft!! 

This 2 weeks of precautions is actually tougher than the almost 2 weeks she was away from us. 

Now, who is going to mainline me some caffeine??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog