Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Good Reads

As usual, I have been reading books from the library.  I have been forgetting to write my recommendations here, however.

So, three that I have consumed recently are:

"The Truth About Love & Lightning" by Susan McBride
"How I Got My Sparkle Back" by Kaya McLaren
"When Autumn Leaves" by Amy Foster

Of the three, my favorite is Amy Foster's.  It is set around magickal women, so...no brainer, right?  ;)

I am now reading Susan McBride's "Little Black Dress" and while I am only 1/4 into it, I think I will like it and am just going to recommend it here, too.

When finished with "LBD", I will start on "The Book of Lost Fragrances" by MJ Rose.

My reading list contains:
"The Love Goddess' Cooking School" by Melissa Senate
"The Cougar Club" by Susan McBride
"The Queen of Bedlam" by Robert McCammon

I previously read McCammon's "Speaks the Nightbird", which is amazing!  It is long, for those of you who may like quick reads, but I guarantee it is worth the timel!!!  "The Queen of Bedlam" is the 2nd of 3 books for the series.  I am a bit behind, as I now see "Queen" came out in 2007 and the third installment, "Mister Slaughter" in 2010!!!

I like to jump all over with my readings, tho.  By looking for one of the two books I currently have on hand, I stumbled upon McCammon's "Queen" and remembered how much I loved the first book!  Serendipitous, I think.

4 comments:

  1. The fourth book in the McCammon series, THE PROVIDENCE RIDER, came out in May 2012.

    I run a website devoted to those books called Matthew Corbett's World:

    http://www.matthewcorbettsworld.com/

    Hunter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I am even further behind than I thought! HA! I plan to get "Queen" to read for my next vacation, which involves a good amount of airport and, thus, airplane time!!

      Delete
  2. Have you read The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman? It now ranks as my favorite book of all time. It's that good.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't, but Alice Hoffman is at the tops of my favorite authors list ("Practical Magic" is one of my 2 favorite movies.) Thanx for the suggestion!

      Delete

Search This Blog