Friday, April 5, 2013

New Ink

I almost forgot.

Chris and I got new tattoos last Saturday!!

That's #2 for him and #6 for me...in case anyone was keeping count! 

Chris got a very small nautical star on the top of his right foot.  He said it hurt pretty badly. 

I got an almost 6" tall seahorse wearing a crown on my right side.  While I will never say tattoos don't hurt and there were times that were more difficult than others, this one didn't hurt near as much as I had feared!  It is all black and Juli, my tattooist, was very particular about making sure she got it all filled in.  Additionally, I asked her to touch up part of the lotus flower that is part of my left foot tattoo she did May 2011.  Well, she saw other areas she felt could be improved and almost redid the entire thing!  That was unexpected and really awesome!!! 

My tattoos took far longer than Chris's, so he had some waiting.  He watched Juli do my side and I caught him cringing sometimes!  Most of the time, tho, I just laid there with my eyes closed and tried to think about anything other than the tattooing process.

I am thrilled with mine, as is Chris.  I'm in the peeling stage right now, so it won't be super super black for much longer. 

Now...work extra hard on my abs!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog