Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Things I Love about Autumn

Our decorating scheme is very fall-inspired!  We love the deep reds, yellows & oranges.  I use leaves and pumpkins throughout my displays.  Soon, I will have apothecary jars to fill with acorns, corn kernels, small gourds, etc., that I will display all year through.  I have alot of blankets, which I keep stored all around (a wicker trunk, a black pleather ottoman, a small wire basket and a bin meant for firewood) b/c you just never know when you need to cuddle under a blanket to get toasty and comfortable!!

Here is a list, not all-inclusive, of the things about Fall I love:
~Leaves changing to vibrant reds, oranges and yellows
~Candy corn, which I don't let myself eat until the first official day of Fall
~Wearing boots
~Pumpkin ANYTHING (food, drink, displays, patches, decor)
~Halloween decorations in stores and on homes
~Baking & cooking, old & new recipes, especially with flavors of fall
~Bonfires
~Cuddling on the couch under piles of blankets
~Fall hikes
~Hayrides
~Leelenau Cellars Witches Brew
~County Line Orchard apple cider & pumpkin donuts
~Harvest Moon
~Scents --food, air fresheners, candles, hand soaps
~Indian corn & cornstalks
~Halloween music and movies
~Scarecrows
~Crockpot meals
~Dressing in layers with sweaters, gloves, sweatshirts, wool hats, scarves

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog