Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Florida, Family & Fun (minus the sun)!!

I have just returned from a week long trip visiting my family in Florida.  Let me begin by saying it rained all but one day...my last full day!  While back at home in NWI, it was a glorious week of 70 degree temps!  Now, Florida needed the rain and it is the beginning of both rainy and hurrican season, but this was TOO much!  It was reported that Florida hasn't seen this much rain this early in June since the 1800's!!!  Ugh!!! 

I was prepared for the heat & humidity that is common in Florida in June!  I had some great sundresses this time around and had been really looking forward to wearing them for the first time!  Well, I did get to wear 2 of them my last two days!  Simply, I would have preferred it to be a much drier visit!  Ah, well! 

My intention wasn't to "tan my cheeks (what?!)"...it was spending time with all of my family, as much as possible!  Mission accomplished! 

In the middle of my week, my mom and I went off on a little excursion to John's Pass at Treasure Island.  It was for my birthday and to spend time away from the drama that usually ensues when you get too many family members together for too long.  (My grandma was to join us, but with all of the rain, she felt best to remain at home.)

Jake, Shannon & Shyla, Jennie & Kennedy, Kelley, Grandpa and Grandma (my mom was taking the photo)
Getting ready for the morning drive to the airport for my return flight
Kennedy Harper
My nephew, Alex, the new dad, with Casey Isaac
Girls' Night Out
Shy wanted to hold GiGi and G-pa's hands at the flea market
My  mom at the Gulf in Treasure Island @ John's Pass
Pirate ship at the boardwalk of John's Pass
Our kitschy motel in John's Pass

The Gulf of Mexico @ Treasure Island, FL

You know the motel is "vintage" when they have shuffleboard!!
Kelley, Me, Jake & Shyla playing Trouble
Me & my brother, Ryan...the new grandpa

Looking for breakfast
The tide in the morning
Casey Isaac
Gorgeous gates at this tiki restaurant in John's Pass
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog