Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Healthy Dose of Joy & Family

I was reading past blog posts and realized that I had completely gotten away from the monthly character trait focus.  Oops!  I am trying to think back to the previous months to see what stands out about myself...April is a blur, but I think May was all about ...



It was my birthday month and the BIG 4-0!  I so enjoyed celebrating ME this year!  I am very happy that I spent the time and money to throw my birthday bash!  (And I couldn't have done it without my honey, aka Adam Ant!!!)  I was overwhelmed with the cards & gifts I received and look forward to "spending" all the gift cards!  And I am thrilled that some of my classmates from high school and former co-workers, with whom I have (re)connected via FB, came to revel in the 80's decadence of my party!  They so touched my heart with their generosity of spirit!!!   



I feel that June has been all about FAMILY.  It was extremely important for me to visit my Florida family this year.  I wanted/needed to meet Kennedy Harper and Casey Isaac; I needed to spend time with my (aging) grandparents; I wanted/needed to be with my mom and sisters and brother and Shyla Lynn. 

Right after returning to work from vacation, I took a half day off to enjoy a leisurely lunch with a great aunt, 3 aunts and a 2nd cousin and his wife.  I knew that if I didn't take the time off I would regret it when my great aunt is no longer with us.  My Aunt Mitzi is a doll!  She is a sister of my (paternal) grandma, who passed away just before I turned 10.

June has also been a time for new and exciting experiences!  We have really enjoyed our time with Bart & Bobby (aka Sinders) up in Chicago.  

And, really, for me, family isn't about DNA...it is about those individuals with whom I connect and with whom I am close.  I CREATE my family and I love each and every one of you that make up my crazy crew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog