Friday, May 18, 2012

Tiny Bandits




Look at what my husband brought home last nite:


Meet Bonnie ~~ she's rather bossy!

& Clyde ~~ he is cool as a cucumber!

These little bandits were in my in-laws' attic, along with their mama for several weeks to months. 
Chris had been helping his parents the past couple of weeks.
The mom died last week, so they were up there all alone.  Making all sorts of racket, of course!

I was floored when Chris got home and, after I asked what he did with them, he asks if I want to SEE them!?!  I said, "You brought them HOME?" 

They are really cute and rather sweet.  When you can get past Bonnie's banshee screams, that is!  :)

We fed them milk from a turkey baster last nite and again this morning.  And this temporary foster mama went home at lunch to check in on them and to leave some water and watermelon (a co-worker who has fostered raccoons over the years told me they would like fruit & Cheerios).  To my surprise, I found THREE faces looking at me through the cat carrier gate! 


My little Lucky
My in-laws called yesterday after Chris got home to say they heard another one up there.  So, they trapped him/her and brought him to our garage to be with the other 2.  Lucky is even smaller than his siblings.  

So, I fed Lucky some milk (poor thing was very lethargic) and then Clyde & Bonnie.  {Clyde was too adorable! He was sucking on his own "hand" trying to get the milk that had dripped.  And he made these cute suckling noises, too!!} 

We will do the same tonite ~ several times, I imagine, as well as tomorrow and Sunday.  Monday morning, Chris will take them to a local animal hospital who found us a real foster to take all 3 babies!!! 

I can honestly say I would never have thought I would hold a raccoon, let alone nurse three of them!  The little bandits stole my heart!  


Thanx for the fun & very unusual 40th birthday surprise, my honey!  One we won't soon forget!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog