Friday, March 23, 2012

Optimism

"The 3 C's of life: choices, chances and changes.  You must make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change."

We have DEFINITELY put the above quote into practice.  We knew before heading to Colorado last May that we wanted to move West.  We just hadn't quite figured out what city, or even what state, we liked best and wanted to focus our energies toward.  However, all that changed the moment we entered Boulder!  I am remaining optimistic for our Colorado plans.  Although things are not moving as fast as we would like with selling the house, we know Colorado is the next stop on our life's journey.  We will remain confident that the timing of selling the house and Chris landing a great job will perfectly coincide.  But we have not completely ruled out the possibility of packing up and heading out there without Chris having yet secured a job (that is the "taking a chance" part for reals!!!).  Again today, Chris found a perfect job at the University of Colorado to which he is unable to apply because it is open only to Colorado residents.  GRRR!!! 

"To change one's life: Start immediately.  Do it flamboyantly."

This time of year is a time for new beginnings.  New beginnings, to me, must spring from an optimistic attitude ~~ when you are looking positively toward a new direction for your future, in whatever endeavor you imagine.  For me, this is a year of making changes.  BIG changes, really.  Yet, I know I need to break free from some chains so that I can be set free to experience more out of life ~~ what has been waiting on me, if only I would do my part.  

(source)


"Finding greatness within yourself is what can set you apart from many."

I truly feel that I have to open myself up by walking away from the safety and security of my current situation to show the Universe that I am ready, willing and able to move forward...to move on...to move up!  I can no longer settle for the mediocrity of my humdrum job any longer.  Yes, it provides me an income.  However, it doesn't provide me joy.  It is lackluster.  It is strangling.  It is an energy vampire.  The greatness is within me, just waiting to be tapped.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog