Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Happy March!

Welcome Spring!!!

We have been experiencing the most wonderful, unseasonably warm weather in March for Northwest Indiana/Chicagoland! It is truly magical!  Yesterday, the first day of spring, was glorious!  We were able to be outside after work for a couple of hours doing yardwork: weed and grass removal to freshen up things as the new growth begins peeking out.  Chris was out on Saturday, too.  

Daffodils are one of my all-time favorite flowers (a little cup, a little frill, that's how you make a daffodil!!)!  I cut some of our daffodils over the weekend to bring inside to enjoy!  They are the brightest, yellowest burst of sunshine!!  

I have been a book-reading maniac!  And have another MUST READ for you...

http://www.amazon.com/Night-Circus-Erin-Morgenstern/dp/0385534639
Okay, for me, The Night Circus is the one book I think you should read this summer!!!  I now want to find and join the Night Circus!  A magickal circus and a love story all in one.  I cannot begin to give a summary that would do any justice, so, please, head to the Amazon link above and check it out for yourself.  Pick this one up ~~ you will not be disappointed.  (The only disappointment: completing the read and knowing this particular adventure is over!) 

I just finished reading Stef Penney's The Invisible Ones (I posted about this one on the previous blog entry)I highly recommend this book, too.  The story involves a missing Gypsy girl and the private investigator (half Gypsy himself, which is why the missing girl's father chose him) who embarks on finding her.  The twist at the end took me by surprise!

I have had the pleasure of enjoying time with some girlfriends, old & new, this month.  Lunch with my long-time friend, Deb, one work day and dinner with other gals this past Sunday nite.  Always invigorating and grounding, at the same time, when I get to be with any of "my girls"!!  A joy that I will definitely miss when we finally move to Colorado.  Girlfriends are irreplaceable and necessary!

Spring is a time for rebirth, renewal, new beginnings, new stories, new ideas ... to that end, I am working toward ending my current career by the next change of seasons.  It is a feeling of both relief and anxiety: so I know I am doing the right thing!  I have taken to using my personal time off (PTO) days about once a week, for the necessary break I need from the humdrum and drama of the workplace.  It is vital!  I will have some time on the books when I give my notice, so that will give me an extra paycheck. 

I am looking for part-time work in the spa field, as recommended by my smart hubby, since that is where my next career path can take me.  While it will be very strange not to have a routine (at least initially), especially after coming to the same job for almost 10 years, I will enjoy having the time to do all the cleaning, laundry, shopping during the day while Chris is at work ~~ and then we can have our weekends to do whatever we want!  Well, after Chris mows the lawn!  HeeHee!! 

Harvest Moon House has 1) had its asking price lowered $2000 and 2) had several showings.  However, none have been highly successful, as we have yet to receive any offers.  Just wait until our yard is even half in bloom ~~ they will be blown away!  Maybe we can have a little bidding war?!  HA!  One offer close to our asking price will suffice, really!  Are you listening, Universe?  We are doing our part to keep things looking show-ready...we even buried a St. Joseph (upside down) next to the For Sale sign!

We have been diligently working on my 40th birthday bash!  There are some things we still need to buy, which I think we will do the last month before the party.  Chris has asked his mom to help with his costume, but he has yet to get over there to get the work started (fingers crossed, he will go this weekend ~~ so I can work on our taxes while he is gone!).  My outfit is almost complete, just need to make some strategic cuts to my shirt.  I am also going to do a practice makeup and hair session a few weeks before.  Think I will treat myself to some loud eyeshadow ~~ loud like, totally, describes 80's fashion, dude!!

Wishing you new beginnings this spring ~~ or, at least, think about new ideas that you would like to start putting into play this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog