Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2011 To Do List



I am not making New Year's resolutions, but I do have some ideas of things I would like to accomplish in 2011.  In no particular order, here goes:
  • Tweak our diet ~~ We need to be even more aware of our protein intake.  Talked this morning about stocking up on chicken and lean beef and making a point of cooking them on Sundays (in different ways), so we have lunches for work.  Also getting back to making tuna and consuming non-animal sources of protein, like quinoa, which have a longer shelf-life than, say, chicken and beef.
  • Switching up my workout ~~ I have been suffering from a shoulder injury and it just really isn't healing, so I need to remove myself from my beloved boxing, but I want to remain active.  I will use our pilates DVD at home and do some (light) strength training both at home and the gym, while interval running and biking at the gym.  I am going to jump in on the 5-minute ab work at the end of the classes, too.
  • Monthly massages ~~ We are fortunate to live near a couple massage schools where we can get 50-minute massages for very reasonable prices.  This is beneficial physically (after our strenuous fitness programs) and mentally.  A WIN-WIN, in my book!
  • Vacation plans ~~ We own a timeshare in Mexico and have numerous locations where we can visit.  We went in 2006 and haven't yet stayed at one of "our" resorts.  I am thinking Mazatlan.  We also have a bonus week thru our timeshare exchange program that must be used by July 2012, so I would like to get working on that vacation ... maybe Savannah, GA, to enjoy the ghost-hunting, the gorgeous old homes and the live oaks covered in Spanish moss (♥) - plus we would like to hop on over to Tybee Island.
  • New recipes ~~ I love trying out new recipes and would just like to make a point of doing this throughout the year, rather than mostly fall & winter.  (Beef Wellington may make an appearance for Chris's birthday ... which also happens to be Valentine's Day!!!)
  • Finding my creative side ~~ I would like to make some jewelry (think steam-punk inspired necklaces and, maybe, bracelets).  I want to do some repurposing of items for home decor.  To that end, we are going to be "junking" at Goodwill, Salvation Army, garage sales, flea markets with the best of them!!!  I check in with several blogs that have given me the inspiration to get out there and try my hand at some new projects!
  • Build up our savings account ~~ We have been very diligent about saving and I want to continue (each time I hit a savings goal, I just move on to the next).  I have decided not to decrease my hours at work, so we will save at the same rate we have been all year.  Our savings will mostly just sit there, but some of it is going to be used toward our vacations (I am thinking of that extra work day as the money that is earmarked for travel).  You only live once and you need to make it a fun go-round!!!
  • Operation: Sell This House ~~ Harvest Moon House will be back on the market (by owner) in the spring.  Flyers will be posted; ads will be placed on Craigslist and, most likely, our local papers; an open house might be in order.  There are a few small things to do around the house (steam-clean the carpets and do some minor paint touchups, while bringing life back to the frontyard grass), but they are minimal in the grand scheme of things.
  • Volunteer ~~ I recently read about a church in our city that operates a soup kitchen on Saturdays and I am going to see about volunteering, maybe once a month.
  • Submit our tees & slogans ~~ We have a book with ideas for tshirts and greeting cards.  Threadless will buy your slogans and may even print your tees ... both of which can make us $$$.  And we would FINALLY have our tshirt ideas a reality!!!  (The real kicker to this business is that the guy who started it graduated from the same high school as us!!!)
So, I think this is a pretty extensive list and should be do-able!  It will be fun to look back at the end of the year to see how many I can cross off! 

Hoping all of you have set a few goals that will bring you joy in 2011 ... maybe waxed nostalgic to see where you have been to align yourself with where you want to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog