Friday, January 7, 2011

2011

"Building Dreams, Friendships & Memories"  

Happy New Year!!!  I am borrowing from this year's Tournament of Roses Parade (my all-time favorite of parades!!) and using their theme as my own. 

(I "stole" the idea of using the theme from Susie ~~ Thanx for the inspiration!!)

"Building Dreams, Friendships & Memories" is so completely in alignment with my blogging philosophy!  I cannot wait to use it to hold myself accountable and to LIVE my life with these actions in mind!!


Doing my best to incorporate my 2011 "goals", thus far:
  • Been cooking up "new" recipes lately ... combining veggies and proteins and seasonings as I see fit. 
  • Really working on paying special attention to proteins at every meal. 
  • Taking it easy at the gym to give my shoulder the proper rest it needs to heal.  (This weekend I plan to do a bit of work @ home with my little dumbbells ~~ my so-called Weekend Warrior Workouts, as I have affectionately dubbed a few groupings of exercises for certain muscle groups.
  • Checked on happenings in Key West, to see when we would be interested in heading down there (just need to see if a timeshare week coincides)
  • Scheduled our first monthly massage (cannot wait until next Thursday nite!!!)
  • Saw a very cool "advent" sign that I want to make
  • Ran into someone from high school yesterday @ Starbucks (hadn't seen him in over 20 years) and had a very good talk
  • Called my good friend, Kim, to pass along a message from the Starbucks conversation and had a great talk, as usual (can't wait to see her & her 2 adorable munchkins in person)
Not too shabby, I must say!  It's only January 7th, after all!!!  This weekend, I will try my hand at another of Angela's recipes:  Lentil Walnut Loaf.  However, I am subbing pecans for the walnuts because that is what I have on hand. 

Hope the beginning of your 2011 is as full of hope & promise as mine and that you are using each & every day to work on your goals ~~ and doing so with so much joy!!

2 comments:

  1. There is MUCH hope & joy coming this year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your positivity!!! Can't wait to see you this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog