Thursday, February 2, 2012

Lenny Kravitz

One of my dreams came true on Tuesday nite...well, two dreams, really.  Chris and I attended a Lenny Kravitz concert at the historic Chicago Theatre.



Lenny is one of my "loves" and I have longed to see him perform!  I don't know how I missed out on the presale announcement for this concert, but one afternoon, just a couple of weeks ago, while driving to the gym, I heard it announced on the radio.  I was floored ~because he was coming to Chicago AND I have been dying to get inside the Chicago Theatre!!  I immediately grabbed my cellphone to call Chris. 

The very next morning I got online to check for seats.  Ticketmaster only had "obstructed" views available.  UGH!!! 

Then, I remembered that I had just sold my UFC tickets on StubHub.com ~~ SCORE!!!  So many seats available!!  We went with main floor seats toward the back.  However, I sort of wish we had spent a little extra money to get a wee bit closer ... especially since my camera sucks and the photos that Chris was able to take came out only so-so (you don't even want to see the ones I attempted)!! 

Lenny did come out into the crowd and up the aisle along our row!!  I got a little peek of his head as he passed, along his way out the main door to head up to the mezzanine level.  Lenny LOVES his fans!!

The concert was awesome!  Lenny is high energy rock!  I am so happy to have seen him at this time in his career!  He performed both old hits and new tunes from his "Black & White America" album.  As with the "best" of us, Lenny has gotten even better with age!  He referenced having once been fine, 22 years ago when "Let Love Rule" came out ~~ and while that is very true, he is still just as fine & sexy in my eyes! 
 





So, for February, I am going to "Let Love Rule"! 
I hope you will join me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog