Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Keeping The Party Going!

We ROCKED October!
 
100%!
 
And our bank account can prove it!  HA! 
 
In addition to the things I have already posted,
 
We walked the Denver Botanic Gardens after hours for a ghost tour!  Our guide has been working there, in security with unlimited access, for 17 years.  He had a couple very personal experiences he shared with the group.  We were able to enter this gorgeous home which was donated for the sole purpose of being used by the Gardens as administrative offices. 
 
We took in a burlesque show, called BOOlesque, at Lannie's Clocktower Cabaret.  Very funky locale, perfect for burlesque!  Costumes were encouraged and I was very happy to see most in attendance comply!  I was one of 6 selected by the staff for the costume contest!  What a surprise!!! I was wearing my Dead Prom Queen (Rest In Popularity) costume for this event.  While I didn't win (it was by applause and I had one cheerleader to the winner's 10), it was truly an honor to be nominated!  For real!  In year's past, Chris has always taken the spotlight for his Halloween attire, rightfully so.  It was a shock when I heard the announcer say "Dead Prom Queen"!!!  The performances were great and we look forward to a return visit!  (If only I had won the contest, we would have scored 2 free show tix!!)
 
We attended parties the weekend before and Halloween nite, all in costume.  I wore a black bustier style vest, fun black bra, black ruffly booty shorts, black fishnets, knee high white boots and sparkly mask for the Exotica Erotica Ball.  (We left and went to Tracks for a bit that nite, too).  For Halloween, I did a new version of a Steampunk aviatrix: bustier, skirt, flesh fishnets, knee high brown boots, my goggles and a kick-ass belt that Chris made for me!!  Chris also painted up a plastic gun for me, but when I tried to wear the holster, it was throwing off the fit of the belt.  Bummer...but I will make it work another time! 
 
I worked Halloween City through Halloween day.  That shift, 11:30-4, was non-stop cashiering!!  The line never died, not surprising.  So so many wait until the last possible second, I guess!  Can you believe I was asked if we were having sales (and why not)?!?  Really?!  It's THE day...why in the hell would a Halloween store discount on THE day?!? 
 
We began November on a high note...drove past a church with the front grassy area full of FREE pumpkins!!!  We never got around to carving the two we bought at Sprouts and I had decided we would creatively carve them to be luminaries for Thanksgiving day.  And these 4 free ones, put our other 2 to shame!  They are huge! 
 
We also began November at Tracks for their regular First Fridays, for our first time.  It was a night to celebrate Jessica's court hearing granting her name change.  We went for a drink beforehand at the Thirsty Lion in LoDo.  Then, the 3 of us hit the club for what turned out to be 3 HOURS of dancing for me and Chris!  Yes!  I have needed that!  We had yet to dance any of the previous times we have gone out!  The music was perfect (thank you, DJ Markie!!) and we were en fuego!  No one kept up with us!!!  I think we surprised them all with our endurance....and our sweet sweet moves! 
 
November is an important month for C & J, our anniversary is the 25th.  This year, we had hoped to see the Chihuly exhibit at night, but I was remiss at getting tickets and we have lost out.  Maybe we will use our free ticket to Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, if there is a movie we want to see.  Perhaps we will make a special dinner at home ~~ or try a new restaurant.
 
And, we are hosting a small Thanksgiving.  MAML and Megan, and, most likely, Jessica, will join us for ham, cornbread casserole, yams with marshmallows, walnut cranberry compote, stuffing, pumpkin brownies with cream cheese frosting, deviled eggs, a 2nd dessert....and, hopefully, a Yule log!!!  We will sit around our place, eating on TV trays because we don't have a table, enjoying one another's company, watching some football and maybe, just maybe, Elf will make an appearance.
 
We haven't decided when (or to what extent) we are putting up our Christmas decorations.  It might be the weekend before Thanksgiving, for our guests' enjoyment, or it might be our usual, the weekend after.  I think we are both leaning toward before as Chris is on vacation that week (he was at use it - or lose it) and I rather think it would add to our intimate gathering.
 
This is the month when everyone becomes more conscious of gratitude and I am (always) thankful for my health, my family & friends....my life! 
 
Keep a positive attitude!  Live, don't watch, life!  Keep the party going!!!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had an amazing fall. I'm so happy for you guys. I'm also a little jealous that you can get out there and just find new ways to explore your new state. Good for you! I made a fall list and check off a bunch of stuff I would not have normally done. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are still working on your fall list and making a new one for this next season! There are many things in your area to check out for the holidays and winter! I promise!

      Delete

Search This Blog