Thursday, November 11, 2010

Chicago Blackhawks



A fun, almost-last-minute plan:  Only about 9 months after Chris's (40th) birthday, but we finally got to do what he wanted: see a Chicago Blackhawks game!  Attended last nite's 7PM game with tix we bought from one of Chris's co-workers (she and her husband have season tickets).  It was easy-peasy getting there and finding parking (hit a $17 lot ~~sweet!). 

We went ALL the way up to our seats to check things out and then ventured to find me coffee and to check out everything else that was going on (like the official store).  They had some very cute tees, but I am just not into spending that kind of money for team sport-related attire.

While it would have been more fun had the Hawks scored more than one point (I love hearing the horn sound that is played after each point) and if they had won, we enjoyed ourselves!  It was a great first experience and I think we would definitely buy tix from this person again (only $20 each).

We did take a picture of ourselves in front of a background while in the store, so I hope to add to this post soon.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE hockey!!! I'm not a big sports fan, I like to go to games, but if hubby has one on TV I'll usually sneek off to another room to watch something more me. But hockey rocks, even on TV! Back in the good old days when Gretzky played for the LA Kings, they would get in huge fights & rip off the other player's jersey..just loved that! Ahhh...there's nothing like a hockey player standing on the ice in only his wife beater with a little dribble of blood coming from his mouth. Is that wrong of me??? LOL Glad you had a fun date!! ;)
    Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were a couple tussles, but no blood or shirts removed! Funny you mention the LA Kings as I love, love, love crowns. Before the game began they were showing the logos for all the NHL teams and my husband pointed out a crown! We had to do a bit of internet searching to see which team it belonged to as neither of us are huge hockey fans. I would have to buy an LA Kings tee if I was out your way just for the crown!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog