Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Living in the Woods

Have you ever wondered how fun it would be to own a campground?  One where you can have summer camps, hold family reunions and weddings, be the spot for photo shoots, host bonfires & hayrides!!!
 
There is such a place in Camp Wandawega.  A couple bought the campground where the husband used to go as a kid with his family.  They are both successful in other businesses and bring that expertise (design & marketing) to Camp Wandawega. 
 
Imagine decorating all of the cabins! 
Designing the tees and sweatshirts for summer camp! 
 
I don't know that I would want all that Wandawega has become.  I envision more of the camp I attended for a week in the summer before 6th grade (or was it after?).  I recently watched a movie on Netflix, Camp Takota, that is a great look into a summer's worth of camp.
 
I would take some aspects of a place in Traverse City, where Chris took me one fall weekend.  Harold's Resort sits just outside of Traverse City on Spider Lake.  A handful of cabins with use of canoes, firepits, bench swings.  When the sun goes down, it is complete darkness.  The cabins have no TVs or phones.  Just you & nature.
 
Coordinated activities would be available, seasonally.  Summer camps would have a variety of projects, friendly competitions and group meetings.  Since we love Halloween, we could offer a "course" on ghost hunting techniques!!
 
I could hold camps for Goddesses.  We would encourage fitness, meditation and enlightened spiritual groups to lead classes and seminars. 
 
I know how much work would be involved and that it would take awhile for any real income to be generated, but it would be a labor of love, self-employment, creating and learning everyday, physically demanding.  It would keep us young & vibrant, active, outdoors with fresh air!
 
And, of course, I would have to decorate with pinecones!  Which I would find everywhere....living in the woods!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog